Tapey Beercone has its origins in Northern California, and slowly through the years the Sport’s Atlas expanded across the western United States. Many wondered when the sport’s Annals would includes an expedition outside the US.
Tapey Beercone finally went international with the creation of Haoldukvisl Field located at Vatnajökull National Park in Iceland. The field was located on the bare glacial moraine where the loose volcanic sands gave the field the feel of play similar in some ways to beach fields. With the mighty Vatnajökull Glacier looming in the background, the field was marked by stinging winds and biting cold.
The Players at the first international game included founding regent Eric “The Hammer” and long time player Geoff “The Rookie” as well as new player Gabby “The Viking”. While the Rules have long allow for it, and while not the first game played with three players, due to the occasion, games of Tapey Beercone played with three players are now considered “Icelandic Rules” Tapey Beercone Games.
|Location||Vatnajökull National Park|
|Play Area Angle||45°|
|Grand Salami Zone||Strange Depression in hillside|
|Grand Salamis Hit||None|
|Infield Surface||Loose Volcanic Sand|
|Outfield Surface||Looser Volcanic Sand|
|Outfield Obstacles||High Wind, Bighting Cold|
|Beer Pope Coronations||None|
|Total Regents to Play at the Field||1|
|Largest Crowd||Glacier - 3/22/2018|
Learn more about Tapey Beercone by visiting the Tapey Beercone Blug or preview the latest articles below:
- Photos from the 2019 Tapey Beercone Open - For the 4th year in a row, the Tapey Beercone Open Game was held at Trailerville Acres and a wonderful day of Tapey Beercone action was had. This year saw three seperate games held over one amazing day of Tapey Beercone, which saw the largest turnout to date, including local players and others who made … Continue reading "Photos from the 2019 Tapey Beercone Open"
- Introducing the Tapey Beercone Kumite - Tapey Beercone comes in many forms. In the standard version of play, the game revolves around two somewhat evenly composed teams. Then there are variants, such as the three player version known as Icelandic Rules, or the four team round robin format used for the Tapey Beercone Open. In all these versions of play, the … Continue reading "Introducing the Tapey Beercone Kumite"
- Buckos Nation After Action Report - On Beerpope Weekend 2019 the Buckos Nation engaged in prolonged hostilities with a flock of big mean turkeys. This is that story. Initial Contact: Arriving early Friday afternoon, Hammer and Coach established a beachhead and command center for the weekend’s coming exercise. Contact was established with the locals, Park Ranger “Steely” Dan Gato, and the … Continue reading "Buckos Nation After Action Report"
- MLB Free Agents Keuchel and Kimbrel Choose Tapey Beercone - For months baseball fans have speculated as to where All-Star free agents Dallas Keuchel and Craig Kimbrel would play in 2019. Those questions where finally answered Monday when both players announced, during an April Fools Day press conference, that they would be taking their talents to Tapey Beercone.
- News: Date Set for TBC Open Game with Expanded Event Lineup - For the 4th year in a row the Tapey Beercone Open Game will be held at Trailerville Acres, and a date has now officially been scheduled for this exciting event.