Tapey Beercone has its origins in Northern California, and slowly through the years the Sport’s Atlas expanded across the western United States. Many wondered when the sport’s Annals would includes an expedition outside the US.
Tapey Beercone finally went international with the creation of Haoldukvisl Field located at Vatnajökull National Park in Iceland. The field was located on the bare glacial moraine where the loose volcanic sands gave the field the feel of play similar in some ways to beach fields. With the mighty Vatnajökull Glacier looming in the background, the field was marked by stinging winds and biting cold.
The Players at the first international game included founding regent Eric “The Hammer” and long time player Geoff “The Rookie” as well as new player Gabby “The Viking”. While the Rules have long allow for it, and while not the first game played with three players, due to the occasion, games of Tapey Beercone played with three players are now considered “Icelandic Rules” Tapey Beercone Games.
|Location||Vatnajökull National Park|
|Play Area Angle||45°|
|Grand Salami Zone||Strange Depression in hillside|
|Grand Salamis Hit||None|
|Infield Surface||Loose Volcanic Sand|
|Outfield Surface||Looser Volcanic Sand|
|Outfield Obstacles||High Wind, Bighting Cold|
|Beer Pope Coronations||None|
|Total Regents to Play at the Field||1|
|Largest Crowd||Glacier - 3/22/2018|
Learn more about Tapey Beercone by visiting the Tapey Beercone Blug or preview the latest articles below:
- Photos From the Season 6 Mid-Season Chris-Mass Game - Continuing a tradition from last season’s Winter Classic, Chris “The Rooster”/”The Dragon” hosted an exciting Tapey Beercone event in Merced, CA now known as “Chris-Mass”. The game represented the mid point of Season 6. The Annals have now been updated to include this game including updates to the game box scores, statistics, and atlas. Below … Continue reading "Photos From the Season 6 Mid-Season Chris-Mass Game"
- CCC TBC Rotisserie League Update & Mid Season Beerpope Trade Window - In any fantasy sports draft mistakes are made. The same was certainly true in the Chris Curtis Commemorative Tapey Beercone Rotisserie League. Knowing this, the crafters of the league provided an out. The mid-season Beerpope Trade Window! Between New Years Day and Beer Pope Day Weekend each team would have the opportunity to swap up … Continue reading "CCC TBC Rotisserie League Update & Mid Season Beerpope Trade Window"
- Condensed Game Video from the 6th Annual Oregon Tapey Beercone Invitation - Embedded below is a condensed game video highlight from the exciting Oregon Tapey Beercone Invitational event held this past August at Pastoral Nest. Photos from the weekend are also available. Please note: Countless bees were harmed in the making of this video.
- Buckos Nation After Action Report: Bees Without Conscience - On August 31st 2019, the Buckos Nation was suddenly and viciously attacked by a terrorist cell of meat bees. Cold, brutal revenge was exacted. This is that story. A Prelude to Carnage: Arriving early Friday Afternoon, Hammer and Decibelle, along with Coach, The Pants, and The Shorts established the operations bunker for the weekend’s coming … Continue reading "Buckos Nation After Action Report: Bees Without Conscience"
- From the Annals: The Stumble-Off King - Among the collection of team sports, one unique characteristic all base and ball varieties share is the lack of a clock. Instead of a timed game ending when the clock reaches zero, in base and ball sports a game runs for a defined series of contests, innings, and only when the last out is recorded … Continue reading "From the Annals: The Stumble-Off King"